VRT Finland Oy is a technology company founded in Jyväskylä in 2010. It offers innovative solutions for 3D construction inspections and the utilization of 3D data to determine the condition of structures below and above the surface of the water and on the bottom. The production and analysis of 3D data is world-class.
Sitowise acquired VRT Finland Oy's business, which covers 3D construction inspections and the processing and utilisation of 3D data for condition studies of structures below and above the surface of the water. With the transaction, VRT's nine experts will become part of Sitowise to strengthen the company's expertise.
– The business transaction brings us special expertise and top experts in the field. We will be able to expand the expertise and service offering of underwater surveys on bridges and structures, says Mikko Rauhanen, Service Manager for Structure Lifecycle Services at Sitowise.
– Our experts have top-notch knowledge in the processing of 3D data. We produce the world's highest quality data underwater, says Kirsi Hänninen, CEO of VRT Finland Oy.
– This expertise will be better utilised through the business transaction as our expertise will be combined with Sitowise's service offering and opportunities to develop the business, she continues.
After the business transaction, VRT Finland Oy will continue to expand its GISGRO business and focus on the development of software services in the port industry. Cooperation between companies will continue in terms of existing customer relationships and in future projects.
Sitowise's expertise in bridge and other infrastructure surveys has hither to be strongest above the water surface. With the business transaction, expertise also extends below the surface with top-level data production and processing. – It is a natural continuation to the lifecycle management of bridges and structures, Mikko describes.
High-quality and efficiently produced data and its processing capability provide information on the condition of structures that directly affect maintenance costs, fluentness of operations, and future expectations. Accurate and comprehensive analysis of underwater structures is best achieved by utilizing georefered scanning techniques combined with professional data processing.
– The cooperation between Sitowise and VRT has lasted for a decade, so we know each other's competence and goals. With the business transaction, this expertise will be utilised more widely and both companies will be able to develop their own strengths, Kirsi continues.
– The business transferred from VRT Finland to Sitowise complements the Structure Lifecycle Services at Sitowise in accordance with our objectives. Their expertise in collecting 3D data, further processing and analysis of material and reporting brings a significant part to our service. With our own input, we can strengthen this service and enable us to offer more versatile expert services to our customers, says Ari Savolainen, Director of Bridges and Structures unit at Sitowise.
Sitowise, Director of Bridges and Structures unit
+358 40 163 7772
Sitowise, Service Manager of Structure Lifecycle Services
+358 45 131 6003
VRT Finland Oy, CEO
+358 44 031 0760
Sitowise is a Nordic expert in the built environment that offers sustainable design and consulting services. Sitowise operates in various size projects to enable more responsible and smarter urban development as well as smooth transportation. Sitowise offers its services in the following areas: Buildings, Infrastructure and Digital Solutions. Sitowise’s operations are primarily in Finland and Sweden, and it also has competence centers in Estonia and Latvia mainly serving Sitowise’s projects in Finland and Sweden. The group’s net sales was approximately EUR 160 million in 2020 and the company employs about 2,000 experts. Sitowise is listed in Helsinki Stock Exchange (SITOWS) www.sitowise.com.
VRT Finland is a technology company founded in Jyväskylä in 2010 that offers its customers innovative solutions for 3D construction inspections and the utilisation of 3D data. Our comprehensive service examines the condition of structures below and above the surface of the water and on the bottom, and the analyzed 3D data provided through our online service facilitates proactive asset management in different industries, from ports to water supply. Our team has strong expertise in measuring challenging objects, processing data and inspecting structures. www.vrt.fi.